Food delivery apps have become quite popular among both food enthusiasts and busy professionals, given how prevalent they are nowadays. While these apps make it easy to order food from your favorite restaurants, cafés and coffee shops across the city, not all are created equal. If you’re planning to use a food delivery app, like Swiggy, for the first time or are looking for an alternative to your current food delivery app, this piece is for you. We’ve compiled a list of features that you should look for in a food delivery app to ensure that you get the best experience.
1. Order Customization: If you have special dietary requirements, choices, or restrictions, you would want the ability to customize your order. Thus, the ideal food and dining app for you would be the one that lets you directly communicate with the restaurant staff to help you convey your preferences.
2. Live Order Tracking: One of the main reasons why apps like Swiggy are at the forefront in the food delivery industry is because they offer the live order tracking feature. Waiting for food from your favorite cafes and bars can be a period filled with excitement and anticipation. Live order tracking can help you accurately predict the delivery time. Thus, you can easily make arrangements at home before the food arrives at your doorsteps, eliminating the chances of the food losing its freshness if it’s not immediately consumed.
3. No Minimum Order Value: A good food delivery app, like Swiggy, acknowledges that users should have the flexibility to order as much or as little as they want. When there’s no minimum order rule, you eliminate the chances of food wastage if you have ordered more than what you require.
4. Payment Mode: Leading apps, including Swiggy, accept various payment methods. They would seldom have any restrictions on payment methods, regardless of whether you’re ordering from lesser-known dessert restaurants or well-known food outlets.
5. Wide Restaurant Selection: Naturally, the entire concept of food delivery apps gets defied if an app doesn’t serve in your locality or excludes certain casual dining restaurants. Usually, the more popular apps, like Swiggy, would make their operational details clear. Thus, you would be able to gauge better if the app covers restaurants in your neighborhood. For instance, Swiggy offers one of the largest networks with thousands of popular regional restaurants, national chains, and more.
6. Customer Support: While ordering food is a relatively simple task, it shouldn’t be assumed that you won’t encounter errors or disputes while using these apps. Nonetheless, a good food delivery app would never resist offering assistance to you. Whether you’re facing a payment discrepancy with brunch spots that recently took your orders or are unable to get your request processed, a good app would always be clear about how you can reach out to the support team to get your queries answered.
Food delivery apps may offer a range of features, but truly gauging their utility comes down to individual needs and preferences. Popular apps like Swiggy encompass all the features listed above, ensuring that you get the best experience at all times of the year.